Saturday, April 3, 2010

Destination Imagination Reflection

Destination Imagination was one of my favorite activities and over the last two years I really wanted my team to do the best we possibly could. I really wanted to have both of these years to have a huge success and make a name for the Sturgis team. This program introduced me to so many things I had never done before and created more challenges for me than I could ever imagine. When we had to create a structure out of balsa wood that was something that no one on my team had ever done before. We tried to learn so many different methods but in the end our choice of glue led to our structure only holding 10lbs and it wasn't to successful. Another huge challenge was trying to create a puppet. My team kind of went overboard with the idea of trying to make it flip upside down, and that created a lot of issues for us. However I wouldnt take any of it back, it was a blast. Throughout all of these challenges I learned how to do so many new things. I learned how to build a set, i learned about structures, and I learned about puppetry. Overall my team interactions were like a good roller costar ride. There was defiantly some conflicts with time conflicts, and some lack of initiative from team members. However we were able to work it out for the best. This activity was a huge influence on my life actually. When I finished my recycled materials dress I decided that fashion/costume design was my calling in life when before this I wanted to go into law. It was defiantly a huge change.. I ended up applying to all art schools for Fashion Design. Even some things that were done for DI or inspired by DI were in my art portfolio. My college essays were all about that dress and my influence from that program. Also my team members became some of the best of my friends, and I know that this activity meant a lot to all of them. The goals for this activity were not to low at all, because there was so much to learn and develop. Not only did I learn a lot and go through a lot of changes but I grew as a person and found out a lot about myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment