Saturday, April 3, 2010

Holiday Stroll Reflection

For the holiday stroll I was in charge of the cookie decorating table. I love working with kids and it was a really fun job to do. Also we got to dress up like elfs which I had a fun time with. The main goal of this event was to create a fun event for the children that came to it. It was also a good opportunity for Sturgis. At my table there was informational packets about the school and the IB program. Sturgis has had many rumors travel around about it, and some parents addressed me about these rumors. I was able to talk with them about how much I like the school, and set them straight about what they had heard. What I said about the school was very important since it was influential to the public that I was talking to. It had a lot of ethical implications in the eyes of the schools reputation. Also there was a large amount of students working the event and we all had to do different pieces of it. In order to make it a large success we had to work off of eachother. Also we had to make sure that we coordinate with the event it self, as well as the other organizations on main street. The basic idea of the event was that it was a scavenger hunt and we were the end of the puzzle, if we hadn't had worked with the main event it would not have been a success. The goals I set for this activity were met perfectly. This activity meant a lot to me because I love working with children, and I had a huge blast doing it. The children that came to the event had such a good time and it was very rewarding to see how happy it made them. I had such a fun time making cookies with the kids. From this event I learned how I really am a representative for my schools reputation all of the time, even if it is at some holiday stroll event.

No comments:

Post a Comment